Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Think Spring!

As I write this, my little superhero is so sick.  Last week he had a head cold then followed that up with a weekend of high fever and vomiting.  Now he has an earache that has ruptured his eardrum.  Poor little guy.  We've been in front of the TV for two days straight. 

Yesterday I wrote about drinking water and finding a new way to keep track.  I drank all eight glasses, which is quite a feat for me. Today, I'm on my fourth cup of coffee.  Superhero and I were up most of the night.  Thank goodness for caffeine!

Organizing, cleaning and everything else takes a back burner to taking care of sick children.  But there is one thing that I have managed to do between the cuddles and refills of juice.  Something I thought I would never be able to do!  That was until I found this gem of a blog, How to Nest for Less, and the post on how to make your own chalkboard printables.

I LOVE printables!  All colors, shapes and sizes of them!  They help me change up my decor without spending a lot of money.  I have always admired other people's creative computer skills.  I don't really have the patience or know-how to create my own printable. Besides, the only computer program I have to create with is Microsoft Word.  I really should invest in some other software.  Any good ideas?

Erin, the creator of How to Nest for Less, has an awesome and FREE chalkboard background that she created!  Go here to get the background and read her great tutorial.  This is where I said "I Can Do This!".  Mostly because Erin did all the hard work. And she was gracious enough to share.  All I had to do was come up with something to "write" on the chalkboard.  I started out simple, but I like it! 
So here it is, my first free printable to offer.



You should be able to click on the picture and save it to your computer and then print.  "Should" being the key word.  I'm new at this..... 
I used PicMonkey.com as suggested by Erin.  Maybe once I get some decent graphic software, I can use some fonts that look more like chalk drawing.

This was a little start for me!  Are there things you have been wanting to do but just not sure how?

We Can Do This!

2 comments:

  1. Stopping by from Pinterest. I love this! It would be perfect. Unfortunately, I can't get this to print.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathie! I'm sorry you are having trouble getting this to print. The only way I could print it was to right click, save picture as, then send to print. I hope this helps. Only 6 more weeks of winter! Yeah!

      Delete

I love your comments!